1. What type of Visa can I apply online?
You can only apply tourist and business visas for eVisa.
2. If I have more than one passport, can I apply for
the Visa using the particulars from the first passport and then travel with the
Travelers are allowed to enter Myanmar with the passport being issued the eVisa.
3. Is there any validity restriction of inviting company registration for Business Visa?
The inviting registered company must have at least 6 months validity of registration.
4. Can I apply eVisa if I am travelling with Group Tour?
Yes. Group Tours can also apply online eVisa. Individual needs to apply and pay separately.
5. Can I print my Visa in Black and White?
Yes, you can, as long as it is clear for checking by immigration officer.
6. My trip is delayed and my eVisa is expired. Can you
change my eVisa validity date?
We are not able change the validity dates on your eVisa. We encourage you to re-apply
for another visa.
7. I plan to travel from Myanmar to another country for
a short trip and return back to Myanmar again. Do I need to apply two Visas within
such a short period of time?
Yes, you will need to apply for two eVisas. Each eVisa is only valid for a single
8. I plan to travel to Myanmar three months later, can
I apply now? If not, when can I start applying?
The validity of permitted visa is (90) days.
9. If my online eVisa application is denied, will I be
able to apply Tourist visa through Myanmar embassy?
Yes. You may apply your visa at Myanmar embassy or online eVisa. However visa application
verification policy is the same across the embassies and online applications.
10. I know that (100) countries permitted with eVisa and
tourist visa are allowed to enter Myanmar. May I know which countries you will allow
more and what kind of will be extended and provided?
We have a plan to undertake the status step by step.
11. May I know if I enter on a package tour with eVisa
from Yangon International airport, which border checkpoint can I exit from?
You can enter / exit from (3) International Airports, Nay Pyi Taw, Yangon, Mandalay
and exit from (4) International border checkpoints, Tachileik-Meisai, Myawaddy-Mesauk,
12. Will Visa on Arrival and Myanmar Embassy continue
to issue visa when Myanmar has launched online eVisa?
Yes. You may apply visa online or at Myanmar Embassy near your location. Visa on
Arrival is for Business Visa only.
14. May I know the provision of rules and regulations
for visa violation?
The website of Ministry of Immigration and Population mip.gov.mm
has stated the rules and regulations for passengers.
15. Can I contact any Myanmar embassy to check on the
status of my eVisa?
No. Please check your eVisa status online
once approved an Approval Letter is sent directly to your designated email address.
16. Will I receive my eVisa in postal or do I collect
it at the Myanmar checkpoint?
No. Please check your eVisa status online. eVisa once approved an Approval Letter
is sent directly to your designated email address.
17. How do I receive my eVisa Approval Letter?
When your eVisa application has been approved an Approval Letter is sent to your
designated email address. Alternatively you may download your Approval Letter via
Visa Application Status Enquiry at http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/statusenquiry.aspx
. Please take
note that the download option is only available to approved application.
18. Do you have any policy regarding the issue of permission
for entry if those bring copy of approval letter instead of original (or) take a
photo of it?
You are require to print out the eVisa approval letter and present it at the Immigration
19. How many copies of Approval Letter do I need to print
You would only need to print out one copy.
20. How many days could I get in Myanmar if I travel
The permitted days is (28) days when you arrive in Myanmar.
21. How long will it take to get necessary documents
You will receive acknowledgment mail of application within (1) hour and eVisa processing
takes up to 3 working days, starting from the time that we receive your application.
22. May I know the reasons why the application is rejected?
If it is rejected, the office will reply just rejection but not giving reasons.
23. Regarding the date of application in advance, is
there any policy for public holiday and vocation?
Processing time is (3) days to verify application. Public holidays are not counted
in (3) working days.
24. I know that the processing for eVisa is within (3)
days after receiving the application form. What can I do if haven’t got the result
because of the Internet within (3) days?
eVisa system is designed with all contingencies in mind (such as back up systems
and Internet facilities). In the event that you have interruptions on your Internet
connection, please find other means to access the Internet.
25. Can I make payment offline?
Only online payment through credit cards are accepted.
26. Do I get a refund if my application is rejected?
Payment of the application fee does not guarantee approval of a visa. Unfortunately
we are not able to refund as we have stated in our Terms & Conditions.
27. Do I need to queue at Visa on Arrival desk when I
reach Myanmar with eVisa?
eVisa is not a Visa on Arrival hence there is no need to queue for any visa sticker.
Proceed straight to immigration counter when you arrive.
28. I have completed my application and payment but there
is no email confirmation whether it is successful or not, what do I do?
In case that you do not receive any confirmation email from us, please check your
Spam or Junk mail folder before contacting us.
29. I do not receive acknowledgement email from eVisa
within (1) hour and how do I get receipt for payment?
eVisa system will send acknowledgement email to your email address upon successful
payment. Alternatively you may print your payment receipt via Visa Application Status
Enquiry at http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/statusenquiry.aspx
30. What size is the entry stamp on the passport for
Normal entry stamp which is approximately 1.5x1.5 inches will be used.
31. How long is the approval letter valid for?
Approval letter is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
32. How safe are my credit card details?
For secure online payment, we use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to keep your credit
card details safe. In no cases will your debit/credit card details be transmitted
unencrypted over the Internet.
33. My credit card number is correct, but it was not
accepted by your system. Why?
It might be due to any problems below:
- (a) There might be some computer error or irregular card information.
- (b) You have reached credit limit/your account is not enough money to pay.
- (c) You have entered incorrect card expiration date or your card has expired.
- (d) You have entered incorrect One Time Password (OTP) Code.
- (e) Your card is not registered to pay online in the Issuer Bank.
34. I have already applied Tourist visa through eVisa
online system. Can I change it to Business or Social visa?
No. Visa cannot be changed to other visa types such as Business and Social.
35. Do children under 7 years holding their own passports
require to make a separate eVisa application?
Yes. Children under age of 7 holding their own passports are require to apply eVisa
separately and pay USD 50 for the eVisa. If your child is under 7 and is listed
in parent/guardian passport and accompanying the trip, please fill up the minor
information included in eVisa application form.
36. I entered one of my information (Full Name/ Nationality
/ Passport Number / Email address) incorrectly and could you please modify it?
Applicants are asked to confirm all the provided information are correct and accurate
before the payment during the application. And applicants have to “Confirm”. Our
eVisa system is not able to update or modify any of the information applicants have
entered wrongly. Applicant is responsible to provide all the information correct
and accurately to avoid unnecessary issues at Myanmar Immigration upon arrival.
We do encourage to make sure all the information provided are correct before submitting
37. I would like to know more information on Visa on
Please visit http://www.mip.gov.mm
for more information on Visa on Arrival.